COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 5 August 2019

Monday Mural - Family

On the Saturday 20th July, when I drove to Safety Bay to buy the Fusion mineral paints, on my return home I went past a new residential development called "The Edge", in the suburb of Baldivis, about 30min south of where I live.

In the big park in the middle of the development were two pavilions with murals by Stormie Mills with his mainly monochromatic iconic characters. 
Painted in 2017 and titled "Family".
The artist was born in Northern Wales and moved to Perth with his family when he was 3.

If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you; 
Just follow the Linky steps below.   Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow mural bloggers.  Looking forward to your mural finds this week.  
Thanks, Sami. 




 

It was a nice park with lots of child friendly play areas, barbecue area, and a large grassed area for the residents to enjoy.
On top of a gigantic tree some loud noises made me look up, and I saw a couple of Australian Ringneck parrots and I noticed one of them coming out of a hole in the tree.

Tree where the Ringneck parrots were hiding




Other murals from Stormie Mills that I have posted on my blog:

https://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com/2016/10/monday-mural-stormie-mills-at-curtain.html
https://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com/2014/04/street-art-transforms-perth-part-2.html
https://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com/2017/04/i-found-easter-bunny.html




39 comments:

  1. ...they look like the huddled masses! Thanks Sami for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Obrigada Francisco, boa semana para si tambem.

      Delete
  3. Those characters are very appealing. I bet they are responsible for some lively conversations as people pass by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. Just realized my photo with the ringneck parrots had disappeared :)

      Delete
  4. They are definitely unique. It's a really lovely park at least. I hope to join in next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely park indeed Elizabeth. Looking forward to your mural next week.

      Delete
  5. Such expressive faces! I really like your murals this week.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always impressed with your collection of murals...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mais um cinco estrelas!
    Boa semana

    ReplyDelete
  8. These families have been through a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly Linda, they do look worn out :)

      Delete
  9. Hm. I´m struggling a bit with this one.
    Feels like this family knows they are different and cling together just because of this fact?
    Is that a show house later? I remember in 1999 we pretended to be "rich". We parked our big Nissan LWB in front of show houses and had a look, it was bitter-sweet. Especially because... with help of family and back in then we might´ve made it indeed.
    Once there was another German couple who thought no one speaks this language and they bragged about how "bad" that place was. We had a hard time not saying anything...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just his style I suppose Iris. Yes there were lots of show houses and lots of people visiting. I love to visit the show houses too, but didn't do it this time.

      Delete
  10. Interesting set of murals. They are definitely ones you'd want to look at a little longer.
    The subjects don't look very happy but they sure have one another. :)

    A nice find, Sami. And thank you for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee. His characters always look sad.

      Delete
  11. Now I am wondering how a ringneck parrot looks when it is coming out of a hole in that tree. A magnificent one. I must say that the people on the mural look a bit sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of his characters look sad, and maybe the dark colour doesn't help either.

      Delete
  12. His work reminds me of a Family sculpture here in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The families look nervous and sad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stormie's characters always look a wee bit sad don't they Sami :) He has such a distinctive style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do Grace, the monochrome colour doesn't help.

      Delete
  15. The parrots are quite a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely area to hang out in with family, and the magnificent mural really sets it off. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I especially love this one, Sami. I'm not sure why but I really do -- it speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie, glad you enjoyed it 😊.

      Delete
  18. Dearest Sami,
    Well, Stormie Mills's monochromatic iconic characters look very constipated to me!
    Strange looks...
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I had to laugh at your depiction of the characters, but maybe you're not too far off :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.