COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 2 November 2020

Monday Mural - Paint Subi 3

If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you. Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you find murals everywhere.  

Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to your mural finds posted this week.   
Monday mural meme is posted at 12,01am Monday, Western Australian time. Thanks, Sami. 

The following mural on the Subi Art Walk  in November 2017, was painted by Hayley Welsh, with her trademark whimsical characters. It can be found in a laneway near 144 Rokeby Street, Subiaco, entitled "Become what you dream to be". 

She was still busy painting it as you can see by the unfinished flowers, but she had a chat with the group about her mural. Even though I've been to Subiaco a couple of times since I've forgotten to go and take photos of the finished mural.

Hayley works as a full time artist and has studios in Perth and in her native town of Blackburn in the UK, and usually spends summer with her family, when she creates UK based work.

PS: It was an extremely busy week at work, with a colleague on holidays, which meant I had to work about 10 hours a day, except on Wednesday when I worked 7h, so by the time I got home all I wanted to do was just to fall into bed and sleep, which meant I didn't really get to read your posts.   I'm also training a newly employed colleague which drains my brain even further... She has one more week of training and then she will be working with me for 2 or 3 half days a week to see how she copes.




I've previously shown you another mural painted in Perth by Hayley, for Form 2016 at Curtin University, which you can check by following this link:  

53 comments:

  1. Meeting the artist looks like fun, especially with those very cute images. I hope you don't have to work as much this week!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mae :) it will be a quieter week, just 2 full days and then half days the rest of the week.

      Delete
  2. My word, Sami, perhaps after all those long, stressful hours of work you looked like one of Hayley's whimsical characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her paintings are so cute and quirky Sami, and her words are always super inspirational 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Se ve una gran artista .Es muy bueno su mural.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Como verás, he vuelto a participar. esta obra ya tiene unos años de publicación y he querido ahora recordarla por el mensaje que tiene cada una de las imágenes.

    La serie lleva por título Mujeres tejiendo la Paz y ahy representadas distintas mujeres, de distintos paíse y distintas culturas.

    En la imagen primera hay un escrito muy interesante

    " NI LA TIERRA NI LAS MUJERES SE CONQUISTAN".

    No tengo Murales nuevos y ese he querido rescatarlo del olvido.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this little hairy creature painting flowers near the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Sami,
    Love the photo where the whimsical critter itself is painting the flower next to the blue one!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weird and wonderful, and do take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew. It will be a bit quieter this week. Hope you're looking after yourself too :)

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa. Some glitch with the linky as early this morning it was working and I saw some of the posts some bloggers had linked, but when I got home from work to visit the bloggers, the linky had disappeared. I have contacted Linky Tools and hope they can help me fix it, then will enter your link. Thanks

      Delete
  10. Oh, I sure love these lille guys, Sami, so nice to see the artist in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S.: Nice new banner and wee... 06:10 a.m. already, yet too early for my brain - good luck with your new colleague, I wanted to add...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris, the banner has been there since September to celebrate Spring, lol, I'm surprised you hadn't noticed.
      Yes, I need lots of luck with her, we'll see how she goes from next week.

      Delete
  12. I see besides craftsmanship also a little sadness in the figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the downward eyes make the creatures look sad. Thanks SC

      Delete
  13. I can't link to your murals today, try it later on again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne, don't know what is happening, as earlier today before going to work I had mural links showing up, now back from work and nothing... I've emailed Linky Tools to ask for help.

      Delete
  14. Hi Sami, I am just wondering whether you saw my entry to today's Monday Mural? It seems that it is going to my Blogger account that is not active. Thanks,Teresa
    https://mywanderings.travel.blog/2020/11/02/the-magpie-and-windows/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Teresa I've visited you and let you know there is some glitch with the linky. I've emailed them and hopefully will get a reply tonight and will post your mural... if it happens before bed time :)

      Delete
  15. Haeley very talented.
    His Unique mural painting looks different from other murals.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's mine.
    https://junkboattravels.blogspot.com/2020/11/murals-and-treasures.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, it's beautiful. Your link has been entered, hopefully visible once the glitch is fixed. Linky thinks it's actually a blogger problem.

      Delete
  17. I really love these murals. The 4th photo is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those creatures, especially the wee one painting the flower! Good luck at work this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cute one :) Hopefully it will be a calmer week, thanks Pat

      Delete
  19. Sorry I couldn't join in this week, Sami. I really like these little creatures, at least some of them. So glad you got to see the artist, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, hope to see you next week 😊

      Delete
  20. I do like this mural, the eyes are amazing.

    Hope all goes well at work, you sound very busy.
    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. It was a crazy week, but will be better this week.

      Delete
  21. A couple seem a little creepy but most of her creatures I really like. Fingers crossed for things going well with work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Até os meus olhos sorriem.
    Boa semana

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's going to be a great mural! Thanks for hosting. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. It will be quieter this week.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.