I started by cutting some ground cover I have in the back garden to plant in the front garden on a side strip next to a neighbour's
I don't really know the name of the plant but the botanical name is "Aptenia Cordifolia", a fast growing succulent used as ground cover, with tiny pink flowers.
It can be a bit invasive and grows very quickly, but I needed some softening of the edges next to the dark gravel. We still need to put a border between the gardens so the grass/weeds don't cross over.
|The pavers at the end near the road are for the rubbish bins|
Next, an indoor job - I took the plastic vents for the evaporative air-con from the ceiling.
Plastic usually turns this drab dirty cream...
I washed them with soapy water to remove the dust, dried them and then spray painted them using "Rust-Oleum Paint + Primer"in Flat white.
These vents always stood out in the white ceiling, even though the ceilings still need painting too.
|From cream to white|
While painting outdoors I spotted a Willie wagtail flying from the fence to under our former clothes dryer, now used with a shade cloth over to protect the veggie patch.
When I looked I spotted a beautiful round nest. Later I approached the nest to take a photo and the wagtail came flying to the fence shrieking and suddenly another one came flying to the fence too - the partner - they pair for life you know! I love the Wagtails, they are so playful and friendly. I later saw it picking up some twigs from the garden for the nest. They apparently use spider webs to weave their nests together, how clever is that?
|The lovely round nest - babies should come along by December|
|The Wagtail couple sitting on the fence close to the nest|
|This dove's nest on the lemon tree is so untidy and flimsy compared to the Wagtail's nest|
Our choice of Chinese wasn't a great one, I think it's the use of MSG that makes me sick and soon after dinner I was bloated and nauseous and after a short walk around the machines we came home.
My husband cut the bush just outside our lounge window that was blocking our view of the park across the road. Now we have a view again!
|We have a view of the park again!|
I put together an Ikea Besta unit, so that my husband could hang it on the wall later on.
We had an old fashioned telephone table that was a bit too wide for our narrow entry-hall, so after searching for something suitable I settled on the 40cm wide Besta.
After trying to work out how the rail system worked, the unit was finally attached.
The mirror above was now offside, and I might actually put it vertically instead of horizontally. Still thinking about it...
The doors are also not in yet, and I'm considering if I should rather put 4 drawers instead of 2 shelves and doors or even leave it open just as it is now.
It also needs a glass to protect it, sold at Ikea, but my cart was too full already and I feared the glass would break, so another visit to Ikea is on the cards.
Then styling the table...a new rug...
|Our old telephone table had a fold down flap where I kept small blankets to wrap up in winter when we sit in the lounge|
|Looking in from the front door|
|A floating unit will give a sense of a bigger area hopefully|
Hope you've had a lovely weekend too. Have a wonderful week.