COLOURFULWORLD

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Poppies and travelling dogs

Yesterday afternoon looking outside the window of the Medical clinic where I work, I spotted a man parking his motorbike and there was a Border Collie sitting in a box attached to the bike.
The dog was a seasoned traveller and was also enjoying the attention of various people surrounding him taking pictures.

It reminded me of a Border Collie we had when we lived in South Africa - Honey, being a working dog and not having to chase sheep used to busy herself digging up our garden... one day I arrived home from work and there she was lying on the grass with white foam coming out of her mouth!

I rushed her to the Vet who told me she must have eaten a poisonous plant. After a few days at the vet hospital she was fine and back to her antics. In the meantime I had a gardener come around and remove all the poisonous plants.












Another good surprise when I looked out the kitchen window this morning, was to see that a poppy had bloomed in one of the three poppy plants I planted in a couple of weeks ago.

So pretty isn't it? I had too hold it to photograph it as the wind was blowing and the flower was swinging away...






10 comments:

  1. Cute dog :-) We had (surprise) a German Shepherd back then.
    Awww, beautiful poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you had a dog, I like German shepherds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie sitting there so patiently Sami :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seemed to be enjoying all the attention Grace, I bet he's used to travel.

      Delete
  4. Dearest Sami,
    Lovely photos and yes, I too had to hold often the flower(s) still because the wind would make them swing... It is NOT easy to photograph things outdoors, more and more I admire top photographers that create magazines or books!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet he kept sitting there so patiently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cute, isn't she? Enjoying all the attention of all the photographers around her.

      Delete
  6. I was SO glad you left a comment, because I simply LOVE the photos you share on your blog. I've been snooping around and I was in awe of the Queen's tree. It was a show stopper.

    Of course, the dog was adorable in this photo. I know when a dog can't do what it's supposed to, it will soon find a way to act out. I had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever years ago but he was actually the antithesis of a retriever. He didn't like to hunt, he didn't like to swim, and he didn't like feathers in his mouth. But he would take my hand in his mouth and GENTLY, yes, very gently walk anywhere I wanted to go. I can truly relate to your Honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit Elizabeth. Oh that must have been a truly sweet dog, never heard of a dog doing that.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.