COLOURFULWORLD

Wednesday 15 September 2021

Signs - Purrth Cat Cafe and cat's birthday

For other signs from around the world please check Tom's blog:

To celebrate my cats' 14th birthday on the 17th, today's signs are from Perth's Cat Cafe in Rokeby Street, Subiaco, which opened in Perth in 2014.

I follow them on Facebook and see photos of their many cats but I've never booked a visit to the Cafe. Have you  ever been to a Cat Cafe?

They never have more than 2 people per cat, and they adopted 10 cats from Perth's Cat Haven, which rescues and re-homes felines.

For other signs from around the world please check Tom's blog.





And talking about cats, it's Shelley and Twiggy's 14th birthday on the 17th 😉

It's not often that they sit together

Twiggy's favourite position, her head against a pillow, she loves her comfort

Shelley sitting on a pillow too, but she's not fussy and will sleep with her head resting on the coffee table :)

To read about how we came to have so many cats at once when Shelley and Twiggy were born click here

I'll be going on a mini holiday to Darwin in the Northern Territory, from Sunday 19th returning home on Saturday 25th.
I'm super excited, the last time I was on a plane (to Sydney and back to Perth) was June 2019. And since our state of Western Australia has been closed to most other Australian states, makes it difficult to travel outside the state. At the moment we are only open to the low-risk states of Tasmania, South Australia and Northern Territory.


I'll still schedule the Monday Mural post for the 20th, but it might take me a while to visit everybody, as I'll be doing it via my mobile as I'm not taking my laptop with me.

35 comments:

  1. Cue & clever sign and a wonderful idea. I don´t think we have such a café here.
    14, wow.
    Enjoy Darwin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat cafés are becoming popular with people who like cats but don't want the trouble of owning one. Time flies...Thanks Iris.

      Delete
  2. What a cuties and a cat cafe is always nice unless you want to go there with a dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SC. No dogs in cat cafes for sure 😁

      Delete
  3. We have a cat cafe here, I made a post about it http://biebkriebels.blogspot.com/2021/08/cat-cafe.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember your post Marianne. Hopefully I'll get a friend to go with me to the cat cafe one day.

      Delete
  4. We are away on vacation in Atlantic Canada, but we drove down here. I think I would still be a little nervous about flying, being in such close proximity to others in a closed environment. Enjoy your time in Darwin. Take lots of pictures of wildlife to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your holiday David. Since neither Western Australia nor the Northern Territory have covid at all, I feel quite safe to travel. We will still need to wear masks at both airports and in-flight.

      Delete
  5. Muito bonitos os gatos gosto da sua pelagem.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    Livros-Autografados

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...Purrth is a neat play on words! Sami, I hope that you will have a wonderful trip, take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Sami,
    Happy 14th to Shelley and Twiggy. Our siblings have turned 14 on March 30. Time flies...
    That Cat Café is well set up; love the name!
    Enjoy your little escape.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the simple design of this café

    ReplyDelete
  9. No laptop on holidays? I am not sure I could cope with anything less than a tablet. Your ageing cats look great and in such comfort. I've only been to a dog cafe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try and relax away from too much social media Andrew :) I had never heard of a dog cafe, but that would be fun too.

      Delete
  10. I'd never pass up a cat cafe. How fun. Nothing better than getting some kitty love.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure their cats, unlike mine, are very cuddly, thanks Sandee.

      Delete
  11. Both Twiggy and Shelley look good for their ages. I love the Purrth Cat Cafe. I've never heard of a cat cafe before, but it sounds like it would be a fun adventure. You would need social cats like Bleubeard and not cats like Squiggles who hides when he hears anyone's voice other than mine.

    Enjoy your time away, dear. Hope it is enjoyable and SAFE. I don't have to tell you to take photos, because I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth I'm sure I'll have a great time and millions of photos too :) My cats wouldn't do well at the Cat Cafe either, as they hide with strange voices, knock on the door...

      Delete
  12. I've never been to a cat cafe but I would love to go -- especially if I was traveling and away from my own sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good idea to get some cuddles while away. Thanks Jeanie :)

      Delete
  13. Os meus Oscar e Monica são bem mais giros.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, estas nao sao nada belas realmente, por isso ninguem as quiz adoptar :)

      Delete
  14. Happy Birthday greetings to Shelley and Twiggy :) Lovely pic. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rupam, Twiggy and Shelley give you their miaws :)

      Delete
  15. Enjoy your trip and be safe!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.