First on the pile were 3 or 4 of my husband´s discarded shirts.
Some of them had a threadbare collar, others had small holes where the collar buttons used to be....
So I unpacked my sewing machine, that hadn´t seen the light of day since last December when I had sewed some home-made goodies for Christmas and started the transformation.
I have now refashioned 3 of them, after looking around other blogs and library books for inspiration.
Here are the photos and instructions on how I did it. My sewing vocabulary isn´t probably very correct, but I hope you will be able to understand the basics.
Hope you feel inspired to do some refashioning too.
Next time I will post photos of the others, as I have done each of them in a different style.
The original shirt, note the threadbare collar
I bought some ribbon and sewed it around the collar for a nicer finish.
I had lace that I had removed from a bra I threw away a while back, and when rummaging around for something to cover up the holes the collar buttons had left, I thought these bits would be the ideal finishing touch around the collar, adding a bit of femininity too.
|Here the sleeves are shorter and the tunic looks better, I think!!|
|The finished tunic|