COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 1 March 2021

Monday Mural - The fox and the man with the birds

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week.     Thanks, Sami. 

Two murals from Bunbury again : 

The fox mural, titled "Growing Through Hardship", was painted by Andrew Fraser in 2015 at the Lotteries House Car Park, off Wellington Street.

Andrew, was born and raised in Bunbury, and is also the founder of Six Two Three Zero, a initiative that seeks to use street art as a catalyst for urban development & social change by bringing communities together in conversation and creative inspiration.  He's been responsible for the commissioning of over 30 large scale murals in the Bunbury central business district, some of which I've been showing on my Monday Murals since December 2020.

Just behind the small house on the other side of the fence was a mural by Jackson Harvey , painted in 2016 at AK Home Builders.

Jackson is a tattooist who lives and works in Bunbury, who is also passionate about public art. He has a background in architectural design and visual arts, and his murals usually feature tattoo related imagery and ornament.


45 comments:

  1. ...Sami, these two murals are so different. When I quickly looked at the second one ET came to mind. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes quite different styles, I much prefer the first one as the second is a bit freaky :) Thanks Tom

      Delete
  2. What came to mind when I saw the fox was quirky. The tattoo artist reminds me of ones who design murals where I live. I call it scary realism. Thanks for the information on these two artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, the second one is a bit scary and freaky :)

      Delete
  3. I like the fox mural ... I think I especially like murals with wild animals. Are there foxes in Australia? Or is this a native version of the fox?

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are foxes in Australian introduced from Europe, I would think mainly in rural areas. I like the fox mural too, thanks Mae.

      Delete
  4. You have quite a collection of murals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catarina, there are always murals being painted and loads painted in past years that I haven't yet seen...

      Delete
  5. Muchos murales te has encontrado desde la última entrada, se ve que se prodigan mucho por la ciudad en que vivies.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sim, muchos murales por aqui. Gracias Antonia

      Delete
  6. The top one is catching my eye, the fox with a chainsaw attached to him, kind of makes you think

    ReplyDelete
  7. That a very old and withered hand in the bird photos. Mr Fox seems to have marsupial like qualities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of a creepy mural, I much prefer Mr Fox. Thanks Andrew :)

      Delete
  8. Ambos espectaculares.
    Boa semana

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful works. Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mural art is beautiful but the face of the old man is painted looking creepy, especially the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is funny, Sami.
    Ingo explained to me once that numbers we have in our mother tongue. And really, I had to "translate" the numbers in hope it makes sense (no).
    Our first car I knew the number plate by heart... in German and each time when asked at the National Parks I had to "translate". The second I put in my brain in English.
    And Quatre vingt dix neuf is still there too. Really, the French have a weird manner of telling numbers, don´t they?! I was so lost in Paris at the train station, LOL.

    Off the point of course, but I was really... putting the numbers to German in hopes... Six Two Three Zero MEANS something. I found no explanation! But maybe THAT´S the explanation, right?

    Sneaky fox, that!

    Love the second one, too, even though now I have Billy Idol with "eyes without a face" somehow in my ear.... Reverse-day, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with Ingo about the numbers - when I'm counting I mostly do it in Portuguese. Never good at remembering number plates, I do remember mine now, but can't remember any other car I had! The French do have a strange way to say the numbers, the 80 for sure is a difficult concept, and there are others...

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Obrigada Francisco, tambem entrei o seu

      Delete
  13. Bom dia Sami.
    Muita criatividade e arte, desenvolvida através de numa excelente iniciativa. Obrigado por partilhar. Tenha uma excelente semana.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative murals this week, Sami!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two very interesting murals. Any murals with birds in them are appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember these two Sami, the fox is very clever the way it wraps around the corner 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is well done enveloping the building. Thanks Grace

      Delete
  17. I prefer the fox but both murals are really good, Sami. I am posting my mural tomorrow since today was theme day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have quite a soft spot for foxes so this one gets to me! Lots of energy here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness me!
    Both of these are so good.

    Happy March Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dearest Sami,
    Excellent murals, the fox and also the blind man.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.