COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 1 April 2024

Monday Mural - Angel Wings in Lancelin

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week.

Thanks Sami


Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We are still enjoying the Monday public holiday.

From our trip to the coastal town of Cervantes in October 2023.On our return to Perth we stopped in Lancelin to have lunch in the pub, and I found this Angel wings mural on the boundary wall of a house that faced the beach at Harold Park (Gingin Road).

These 6 x 3mt wings were painted in 6 hours by Lindsay, a talented Perth artist in May 2020.  (I haven't been able to find out more about this elusive Lindsay).



I was even wearing a matching T-shirt :)

This gigantic chair at the entrance to Lancelin, had the words "Caring 4 kids" on the  back of the chair.



40 comments:

  1. I don't see the Linky yet. My murals are here:
    https://maefood.blogspot.com/2024/03/regeneration-black-cinema.html

    I love your angel wings. We have a few here too.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, added something last minute and forgot I always have to re-enter the linky, otherwise it won't work. I've added your link manually Mae.

      Delete
  2. ...angel winds are popular theses day. Happy Easter Sami.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wing mural, a great spot for selfies.
    Take care, have a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, enjoy the rest of the week too.

      Delete
  4. The New York Times today has a long and well-illustrated article about murals and graffiti and how their presence is used in developing neighborhoods:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/31/business/graffiti-real-estate-gentrification.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mae :) Areas with murals get a lot of visits from tourists and locals alike.

      Delete
  5. I've only ever seen one big chair and it was in Kaeo, likewise with the wings in Whangarei and Tauranga. They are good for getting people involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Amy. Yes wing murals are very popular.

      Delete
  6. Funny coincidence, Sami, I have an angel today also :-)
    Love the chair...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que as asas nos inspirem voos pacíficos.
    Boa semana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these kind of wings..have taken pictures with them in another city 🙂. My entry here:
    https://flightsofthesoul.wordpress.com/2024/04/01/peace/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've entered your link manually.

      Delete
  9. That ain't no angel with wings. It's Sami! Those big chairs are a bit of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those wings are great. They are larger than ones like it I have seen before. Thank you for allowing us to share our mural photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TFG. Yes, these wings are bigger than ones I've seen before.

      Delete
  11. Nice to see you with those great big beautiful wings! Aloha, Sami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun to see! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great mural for an Instagram photo!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here’s mine: https://meetcute3.wordpress.com/2024/04/01/monday-murals-52:

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those wings are great and I like the chair.

    Sending my good wishes for the new month of April.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. Have a great April too.

      Delete
  16. Looks beautiful.
    Greetings.Thanks a lot for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wing murals are fun to spot, aren't they?
    And you seem to have been dressed for these wings. :) Lovely pictures.

    Thank you for hosting, Sami.
    I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee. I lovely coincidence that my clothes matched the wings :)

      Delete
  18. I love you with the wings, Sami. Thanks so much for hosting us.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.