COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 8 April 2024

Monday Murals - Birds in Subiaco

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week.

Thanks Sami

Murals in the inner city suburb of Subiaco (or Subi).

Sky's Chorus - on a laneway next to 30 Rokeby Road, panted in 2012 by Perth artist Clare McFarlane. It captures a flock of migrating Carnaby Black Cockatoos, against the colours of the Australian desert landscape.





Another mural painted in 2012, of a black swan by another Perth artist - Robert Jenkins, in his trademark leaf pattern.

Here are 3 other murals from this artist that I've posted in my blog:









40 comments:

  1. ..this neat mural reminds me of Dr. Seuss! Thanks Sami for hosting, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wonderful today but I love the sky chorus especially! Thank you friend! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swan’s neck is very amusingly presented! Good murals.
    THanks for hosting Monday Murals.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly different from what we would expect. Thanks Mae

      Delete
  4. I like them both. The top one almost looks like someone has ripped a strip of the wall off revealing wallpaper underneath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does remind me of wallpaper too. Thanks Amy

      Delete
  5. The murals have the acrylic feel to them all

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 'wallpaper' affect! Great stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robert Jenkins has a real sense of humour doesn’t he. Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the artist's representation of the desert in the first mural. It's unique. And that's a great mural.
    The second one is cute too; looks like one out of a children's picture book. :)

    Thank you for hosting, Sami. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cockatoos and its an interesting backdrop. It's a funny depiction of a swan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting details. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lembrei o filme de Hitchcock
    Boa semana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esse metia medo.... Obrigada e boa semana Pedro

      Delete
  12. The pattern is extremly beautiful! And the poor swan reminds me of Fargo in Eureka - in one episode he is a wobbling head :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris. I like the "wallpaper" type pattern too.

      Delete
  13. Wonderful works.
    Thanks a lot for hosting.
    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful mural, lovely colors and details. Of course I love the bird!
    Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors! Would make a dreary day very bearable 🙂. My entry here:
    https://flightsofthesoul.wordpress.com/2024/04/08/whats-going-on-here/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these are beautiful but I like the first one the best. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. they are both beautiful, but I am shocked how well preserved they are. no tags, nothing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Klara. Actually most murals here tend to be unscathed by taggers.

      Delete
  18. The orange against the blue is brilliant. I loved visiting your blog today. Thank you for hosting. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hats off to Jenkins!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. He loves his leaves :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.