COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 18 January 2016

Monday Mural - Flowers and Stripes in red

I hadn't used public transport for a while, but when my family visited recently we caught the train into the city. 
We alighted at the Esplanade station and Busport (soon to be renamed Elizabeth Quay station) so we could catch one of the free buses (CAT's) that go around the metro area and when leaving the station by bus I saw a collection of 4 beautiful flower murals.

Thanks to Grace who managed to read the signature I have been able to trace the murals to Leanne Bray.

There are more sections of this mural that I'll show over the coming weeks.                                                                                          
Check out other murals around the world by clicking here.








22 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning Sami - nice find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, glad I decided to take public transport, otherwise I wouldn't have found them!

      Delete
  2. Gosh it's pretty Sami, well spotted. I see the name 'LEANNE' in the corner, could be the artist. How did your family enjoy their stay in Perth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted Grace! I managed to trace it to Leanne Bray, who seems to have lived in Africa too.

      Delete
  3. That´s beautiful, Sami, I really like the combination of the two styles. And the colors, certainly!
    The sky looks so un-blue, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris. It could have been taken in one of those overcast days we had in December.

      Delete
  4. what a wonderful color explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How glad I am that we have met! I love your photo. Thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cloudia for visiting my blog too.

      Delete
  6. Dearest Sami,
    That is a lovely mural from a flower but a HUGE one, considering the two cars parked nearby!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. It feels like the mural is celebrating the flora of Australia. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gostei muito - cheio de vida, cheio de cor!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.