COLOURFULWORLD

Wednesday 24 July 2024

Monthly Wrap-up - June & Signs

Linking to SIGNS at Tom's blog.

It was a much quieter month... as I tend to hibernate a bit during Winter 😃

Saturday 1st - The Portuguese Australian Women's Association, (I'm their treasurer), organized a dinner/dance to honour various communities of immigrants who chose to make Perth their new home. The dinner was held at the South Fremantle Football Club in Fremantle.

The food was very good - (alternate drop) Asian style salad and prawns and arancini as starters, Grilled Barramundi (fish) with sauteed potatoes and broccolini and slow cooked beef rib with mashed potato and bok choi.

The entertainment with 2 singers was great too.


With our friend Idalia

Friday 7th - We have been "renovating" an area of our front garden, and I went to a nursery to get some native ground-covers. We've had to remove pebbles which years ago had been put on top of landscape fabric, but with rain, soil build-up, etc you could hardly see the pebbles. So we bought plastic (I know,,,) pebble-lock and now the pebbles will hopefully stay put.

The plants are now in the ground and eventually they will cover the area and prevent weeds too.

Sunday 9th - we drove to the Portuguese Consulate in Fremantle, to vote in the European elections, then had lunch at Kahuna Brewing Company, just down the road.

The Portuguese consulate occupies the ground floor and they have another office upstairs where we voted.

This vintage car was parked under the Consulate building

Lunch: Prawn with black ink linguine, roast meat, panna-cota with chocolate ice-cream


Wednesday 12th - Went to "Hand-Works" again for hand therapy for the Tenosynovitis on the middle finger of my right hand. Not much improvement there...  The photo is taken from the waiting room, with a view to the city centre of Perth.


Friday 14th - On my day off work I decided to paint our bedroom. I thought I would be able to do it in just one day, lol...a bit too ambitious. It took me 2 full Fridays, plus a couple of hours on 2 Saturdays, so technically 3 full days!                        I painted the drawer fronts of our bed-side tables and chest of drawers, walls, ceiling, doors, skirting board (baseboard)....

This is the fourth colour the bedroom has had in 17 years - started with plain white, then light green, then mauve, and now it's light gray.

I bought new lamps for the side tables, and we had a new ceiling light and wall light installed too.

Now we just need to renovate the floor with better floor boards in our main bedroom, plus 2 other bedrooms, but that will be another project!

Before with dark walls
and now with gray walls:
















Sunday 16th - went to the Mt. Lawley golf club to attend my friend Vina's 90th birthday lunch.


Tuesday 25th -My friend's golden retriever - Cody came to stay for about 10 days. 

Some quiet moments...

This meant waking up 30 min earlier, to take him to the park across the road when the sun was just about to came up and throwing him balls in the dark!

Before sunrise (left), sun rising a few minutes later

Another sunrise, seen from our driveway

After 20 minutes or so, we would return home, Cody would eat his breakfast in literally 20 seconds and I would go get ready for work.

When I arrived home from work at about 2pm I would take him back to the park, for more play...then around 6pm another round of play, and sometimes around 9pm Cody would go on a walk around the block with Jose and I.

He was a very boisterous dog, always on the go! If we were sitting and I got up he would follow me everywhere. But once I put his bed in the laundry at night and closed the baby gate he actually relaxed and lay down and wouldn't chew the bed or blanket like he would do during the day.

He managed to remove some plants from the garden, chewed the handle of a dustpan, the handle of a screwdriver that I was using when I removed door handles to paint a door, Jose found him licking a zucchini soup I had made for dinner, that was in a pot on the stove... no soup for dinner of course %$. I had to keep an eye on him every time he left the room.


Friday 28th - Community Harvest workshop - Salami making, at the Canning Agricultural, Horticultural and Recreational Society. I had paid for 3, 50cm sausages that are now hanging in the laundry to cure.


 Some personalized number plates this month:



We had lightning, plenty of rain and a couple of rainbows. The other day I even spotted a double rainbow! The lowest temperature was 4C and the highest is always around 20 to 22C.

Lightening over Perth

A double rainbow seen over our house and full rainbow seen from my carpark at my work place (right)


View to of the backyard from our kitchen window on a wet and dark afternoon


16 comments:

  1. You are the expert getting these car plates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do find quite a few when going to the shopping centre. Sometimes when I'm driving I spot a few, but of course can't take photos :(

      Delete
  2. ...Sami, once again you had a full month. You found some wonderful plates. I like ROCKN RED! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great month of photos. Cody is a cute doggie. Love the license plates and the rainbows. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. Cute but very naughty :)

      Delete
  4. The pic of you three made me laugh!
    You remember how awful I looked like on your Birthday-party? I must´ve so bad, Idalia asked if I´m done eating and if I want her to take my plate and fork away, LOL..

    Thank you for voting, great that is possible in Freo! Cool car.
    Oh, shoot - that takes forever with your hand, how awful...
    Well - I follow your example atm. Despite I had six weeks off this year I have 11 days left! (when working for ALSTOM I had no time for holiday).
    As Ingo has none left, I have the Firdays off now for a while.
    Nice work with room.
    Some day you had there!

    Wonder what was on "WEDNE5DAY"!, "JAKPOT1" is a cool one, too. And I really saw a "BUTTERFLY" last week.
    Aw, great weather, the other night we grabbed two chairs,opened the balcony door and enjoyed heavy rain, thunder and lightning, it was wonderful (yet too cold).
    Wonderful rainbow(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you have Fridays off now,. I find it great to schedule other appointments and get-together with friends on Fridays. I wondered about Wednesday.... Saw another double rainbow today, but was driving.

      Delete
  5. Amazing series of photos. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely month you've had. I love that hotel room and all that delicious food. You know how I love your food.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandee. Great food this month :)

      Delete
  7. You've ha quite a month. Everything looks fun, busy and great. Cody is sweet -- it's always fun dog sitting -- and then they go home, and that's fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie. It was good to let Cody go, back to peace and quiet :)

      Delete
  8. Trovoada e chuva?
    A chegar em força.
    O rabo de um super tufão a afectar Macau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Espero que nao faca estragos por ai. Continuacao de boa semana Pedro

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.