COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 24 October 2022

Monday Mural - Elephant and Himalayas

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week.

Thanks Sami 

Two more murals in Berlin's Kreuzberg District - on the corner of  Franz-Klühs-Street and Wilhelm street, adjacent to the Theodor-Wolff-Park, near the two murals I showed last week, and within walking distance to Hallesches Tor underground station.

Painted in 2016 by German artist Jadore Tong AKA S.Y.R.U.S.(Save Your Rich Untouchable Soul) who is based in Berlin.

While you play basketball you can admire the vibrantly painted elephant who's holding a balloon of the world. At the bottom of the mural are the words "Peace, Unity, Love and Wisdom". The artist took 4 weeks to complete the mural with some help from local artists.







Around the corner at the front of the building the mural Himalayas was also painted by the same artist.




49 comments:

  1. ...Sami, you found a fabulous mural, the colors are wonderful. Thanks for hosting, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elephant is clearly a beauty and feels quite Indian to me. It is stunning. I was also impressed by how the artist used the building to his advantage to paint both these stunning murals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Wonderful that he painted both murals, and they are both quite beautiful.

      Delete
  3. what a fantastic mural! I love the way it keeps up the theme all the way around the building.

    You are great to host this blog event.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mae, and thanks for the compliment too :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Obrigada Francisco, continuacao de boa semana.

      Delete
  5. A huge and wonderful mural. Both paintings are stunning. Once again, a great find. have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Elephant mural is beautiful, they are such gentle creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mural. Kind of detached from the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's no missing that mural (hopefully the messages on it, too. :) The elephant looks adorable. Have a lovely week, Sami.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the elephant mural much. It is colourful and shares a strong message to the world. Thanks for sharing this great artwork with us too.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amila, enjoy the rest of the week too.

      Delete
  10. A very, very beautiful first mural and so fitting to Diwali today!
    I think I would miss the Basketball, studying the elephant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris, I didn't notice it was a park at first either.

      Delete
  11. Both murals are beautiful. Elephant mural appropriate for Diwali. There was a lot of loud fireworks going on last night over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the elephant mural was posted in time for Diwali. Thanks Nancy

      Delete
  12. Great murals and indeed something for Diwali now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great way to enliven the dull facade of a building and to unite with another culture at the same time. Let's have more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the elephant and especially the earth balloon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. I wish I had taken a close up of the earth balloon.

      Delete
  15. Truly Amazing murals, Great pics

    ReplyDelete
  16. That elephant is spectacular!! I forgot to say in my last comment that I love visiting supermarkets too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. Enjoy the supermarkets visits :)

      Delete
  17. I have tried for two days to leave a comment to Pictografio. I refresh, start again, and still get a "failed to publish" message. I've tried at least a dozen times, both day and night to no avail. I hope others have better luck than I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've copied your msg and put it on her blog.

      Delete
  18. Good message from the artist

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the elephant mural and the celebration of Himalayan culture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a fabulous elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Replies
    1. Thanks William (sorry gone to spam again!)

      Delete
  22. Love the murals! I am glad I stumbled upon here :). Somehow I am
    unable to sign in and comment, so it will show up as anonymous. The linky list also seems to be closed. But I wanted to share a nice mural that I found just last week: https://flightsofthesoul.wordpress.com/2022/10/24/orange/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.