COLOURFULWORLD

Saturday 20 December 2014

Happy Christmas and New Year

To all my blogging friends, I wish you a wonderful Christmas with your families and may 2015 bring you health and happiness.

I'll be taking a short break to prepare for the usual Christmas Eve dinner at our place - this year there will be 20 people around the table, and will return in the New Year, hopefully a bit more refreshed after taking a short break from work.
Christmas Day the weather prediction is for 35.C, so it will be a good day for the traditional Aussie Christmas when people flock to the beach and then have a seafood barbecue and a delicious Pavlova.

Enjoy the following pictures taken of some of Perth's houses decked out in Christmas lights.
Some people collect donations for a Charity of their choice when you visit their street.

Here is a link for decorated houses in the Northern and Southern suburbs of Perth - http://www.christmaslightsperth.com/

Enjoy!





 



10 comments:

  1. Some people really go all out hey Sami :) Have a fab Christmas with your family, looks like it's going to be a wee bit hot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would have the patience to hang all those lights around my house every year/, but it does look nice and festive. Thanks Grace.

      Delete
  2. Love the pics, especially the snowman ;-)
    Have a great Christmas, Sami, and a great start into the New Year - have fun after all the work for 20 guests - sounds like a lot of joy ahead! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris, hopefully I'll manage some rest after the big Christmas Eve dinner, as I only go back to work on the 5th Jan. Maybe some days on the beach... Have a great Christmas too.

      Delete
  3. Wow, those house decorations are beautiful! I didn't think people do that outside of the U.S. South Africans certainly don't, and I never was quite able to get into the Christmas spirit there. I also could never even find any lights I could have done it with:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here many people decorate their house that way, it looks wonderful, I don't think I would have the patience to put up those lights and take them down a month later.
    When you are used to Christmas in Winter, it's difficult to get into the spirit when it's hot and doesn't feel like Christmas apart from the lights and decorations...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Votos de um Feliz Natal e de um óptimo 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go to the heart and said to the people hit stall fairly similar, cheap ted baker dresses but also to give the handling of vegetables, cheap ted baker dresses Having a Ted Baker Outlet uk cheap lie, then another out, perfect, worthy of his reputation. cheap ted baker dresses my grass, sale, we really shameless yet. ted baker uk sale Do not know cheap lying, cheap ted baker dresses heard-earned money which is .

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.