COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 10 April 2023

Monday Mural - Pelican

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week. Thanks Sami.


Painted in September 2017 on the side of a 6 storey-high apartment complex, by Dutch-born, Fremantle based artist Amok Island, this mural can be seen at 909 Canning Highway in the suburb of Applecross. 

The pelicans can often be seen perching on the street lights on nearby Canning Bridge, so it's a fitting mural for the area.




I've just arrived home from my trip to Europe a couple of days ago, and want to apologize to Linda and Marianne (and anyone else who didn't get a comment from me on their mural post) during the last 4 or 5 weeks, while commenting via my mobile/cell phone, but sadly some of the settings prevented me from leaving a comment, requiring that I sign in to Google, but I couldn't even sign in via the allocated button, which made it very frustrating.  Thanks for being patient and continuing to post your murals.


Hoping you all had/are having a wonderful Easter and enjoyed some time with your families.

(Easter Bunny and eggs - photo taken at Singapore Airport)


38 comments:

  1. ...I love how this mural brightens up the apartment building. Thanks for host and Happy Easter, Sami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this bright artistic mural of yours, Sami. Wishing you a lovely Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes it is a very beautiful painting, and very large. I like this rather restful blue.
    Have a nice Easter weekend (kwarkito)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kwarkito, the blue does make it restful :)

      Delete
  4. ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
    ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ EASTER ☆
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It stands out very well. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to associate pelicans more with Western Australia than any other state. It is a nicely done work and cleverly fits the space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biggest number of pelicans I've seen was at "The Entrance", a town north of Sydney, where a huge group of them get fed daily. Thanks Andrew

      Delete
  7. I like the beautiful pelican mural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back home - in the warmth! You have 10+ than us.
    The pelican is beautiful. Once met one for real, he chased me and boy... large bird! And fast. And I had no food... I prefer the mural (maybe next year!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris. I presume they could be a bit scary, as they are quite big!

      Delete
  9. The colours of this mural fit very well with the surrounding architecture. Well done by the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pelican is a great subject for a mural and this one is executed well. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, the artist is a good artist and he seems to enjoy painting animals.

      Delete
  11. Happy belated Easter, Sami. I'm running a bit behind this (and lately every) month. That pelican is unbelievable. Sure brightens that building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, hope you had a good Easter too.

      Delete
  12. Oh, very nice, dear Sami - I love pelicans (and coincidentally I also have one in my post today - a living one, not a painted one 😉) and I think this pelican mural is really beautiful. I'm glad you got back home safely - and think none of us will be angry with you if you don't have the time or opportunity to comment!
    Happy Easter 🐣🐰🪺!
    All the best from Austria, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/costa-rica-10-kapitel-samara-delfine.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traude, yes I saw the pelican and all the other beautiful animals.

      Delete
  13. That pelican is wonderful. I love the colors and shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, the colours are quite pretty indeed :)

      Delete
  14. The pelican is wonderful. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks amazing, great work.
    Great clicks. Welcome back, Happy belated Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rupam. Enjoy the rest of the week :)

      Delete
  16. Lovely mural! I wonder if the local pelicans can tell what it is.

    Yes, commenting does not always work. Others have the same problem. It happened to me today on someone’s blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I wonder if they recognize themselves, lol.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.