COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 21 May 2018

Monday Mural - The 3 giants in Budapest

Last week in my post about Budapest I mentioned that when we arrived at our accomodation - Avantegarde Apartments, in the Jewish Quarter- and we opened the door to the little terrace at the back I was thrilled to see some murals painted on the wall of buildings adjoining an empty block of land.

The next day I walked to the street behind - Nagydiófa utca (street) to take photos of the 3 gigantic murals. And they probably won't be there long, as there was already some building machinery there, so once new buildings go up, the murals might just be blocked from view.

Taken from the street where the murals are
Luckily on the internet I was able to find out a bit more about the murals, and here is what I discovered. Painted for the Szines Varos Festival (Colourful City festival), initiative which started in 2008 which is held yearly in late summer when a number of murals and pieces of street art appear all around the city of Budapest.

Dionysus - The Greek God of Wine and the Grape Harvest, a 200 m2 mural painted in 8 days in 2017 by local artist Attila Balogh.



Poseidon -  God of the Sea, a 230m2 mural painted by Spanish artist Spok and French artist Korse.




And the last one is Urban Style - a 240m2 mural painted in 3 days by Russian artist Andrey Adno, representing the multi-faceted, beautiful and artistic city of Budapest.


And this was my first sighting of the murals from our apartment terrace at Avantgarde apartments.

My first sighting of the murals

If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you; just follow the Linky steps below.   Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to your mural finds this week.  Thanks.





36 comments:

  1. Murais gigantes mesmo. Gostei de ver. Assim, sem viajar, posso comparar a arte entre vários países através da Sami.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada Catarina, tambem e bom viajar comfortavelmente sentados no sofa :)

      Delete
  2. ...those wonderful, Dionysus is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, the colours are very striking.

      Delete
  3. Urban Style is my favourite of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good works. It will be a shame if they prematurely disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, I agree with you, hope they last for a while.

      Delete
  5. These are all beautiful. I don't have a favorite, because I like them all. They are SO colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, glad you like them all!

      Delete
  6. Espectaculares!!
    Bjs, boa semana

    ReplyDelete
  7. You clearly chose your apartment well, Sami. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just luck that our daughter assigned us this apartment, her and her in-laws went to the apartments looking into the internal courtyard.
      Thanks Debbie.

      Delete
  8. Wow great murals and that from a place you don't hear and see often from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stefan. I actually found lots of murals in Budapest while walking around and I wasn't expecting that at all.

      Delete
  9. They are beautiful, I think you attract murals, they come to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's an apartment with a view! it seems that those murals could be moved once the buildings get demolished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, don't know how they were painted. Thanks Klara.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Obrigada Francisco, boa semana para si tambem.

      Delete
  12. Outstanding works - sad they´ll be blocked from view, but, well, you got them here, luckily!
    Poseidon is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris. Poseidon is the most intricately painted I find, with so many details.

      Delete
  13. I loved Budapest!
    It's amazing what you can find if you look around!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, I enjoyed Budapest too. I found lots of murals in our walks without going to look for them.

      Delete
  14. You make us share your experience! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cloudia, glad you're enjoying the experience.

      Delete
  15. It will be a shame if they are covered by the new construction!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are wonderful! I'm glad you preserved a view of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I can see why you got excited when you glimpsed these incredible beauties Sami. King Neptune looks a wee bit fierce :) I wonder how many of these amazing murals around the world get hidden by progressive buildings around them,all that work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, I certainly was thrilled to open the door and see those 3 gigantic murals.

      Delete
  18. Wow! Amazing aren't they ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, yes they are fabulous. Hope you had a great holiday.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.