COLOURFULWORLD

Monday, 20 July 2026

Monday Murals - Cascais, Portugal

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week.  Thanks Sami

Murals seen on my walks around Cascais, where we stayed with my parents during our holiday in Portugal in May/June this year.

This one was painted on a electrical substation in a park near my parents place. Couldn't find the name of the artist.






This vibrant mural with stylized characters, was painted by Portuguese artist "The Caver" aka Nuno Barbedat the local school across from the park.



This tiled panel can be seen right outside the Centro Cultural de Cascais (Cascais Cultural Centre) along Avenue King Humberto II of Italy, and was created by Portuguese artist Ana Velez.


Below you can see the pink building -  Cascais Cultural Centre - which originally operated as a 16th century monastery.

It was in this space that on the 8th March 2025, we hosted the "4 generations birthday party" - with my daughter, my Dad, my great-niece and I celebrating our March birthdays.



10 comments:

  1. Dear Sami,
    the first mural is an original mix of styles – on the one hand, the very realistically painted female body, and on the other, the naive images of a bicycle, tennis racket, sailboat, horse... against a colorful background.
    The second, somewhat comic-like mural, by Nuno Barbed, offers much to discover.
    With Ana Velez's tile mural, I unfortunately can't quite make out what I'm seeing... a human body, plants behind it, and some kind of explosion in the foreground?
    But I was also a bit distracted by the wonderful venue for your family's birthday celebration for four. And you even sang together! How lovely!
    Hugs and all the best from Austria 🤗
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/07/reisebericht-2025-zwischen-barenpfaden.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Sami, you found murals for every taste, they are wonderful. Four generation Birthdays is amazing, many more for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very interesting looking murals, and so colourful too, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and colourful murals on a public convenience look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ils sont très beaux et j'aime particulièrement ceux qui ressemblent à des dessins d'enfants

    ReplyDelete
  6. E uma estrutura feia, bruta, passa a embelezar o local.
    Boa semana

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me want to visit Portugal! You always find wonderful art to share. Thank you, Sami

    ReplyDelete
  8. The murals brighten up the ambience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such summerly ones - and such happy memories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love street art and murals and I enjoyed seeing yours today. I certainly have lots on my blog post today from a recent trip we did across Australia from Western Australia to Victoria. I have just discovered your blog through another blog and here I am. I see you are in Perth. I am in WA too! Have a wonderful week. Stay warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.