COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 15 May 2023

Monday Murals - Bruhl II

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week.

Thanks, Sami  

This mural shows the Augustusburg Palace, in Bruhl, Germany, that I showed in my last travel post

It was painted in 2015 by Paul Schneider and it took about 400 hours. It shows the European stars surrounded by trees and in between the tree trunks you can see traditional German houses and the Augustusburg Palace in the centre, and then some other European sights like Dutch windmills, etc. 

I had shown this one in September 2022, but I just had the front of the mural as it had been taken while driving by in a car. I took more detailed photos now, and I noticed the side also has a mural, so here it is again in it's entirety.











The Augustburg palace and town of Bruhl in 1575


40 comments:

  1. What an interesting mural of Bruhl. I didn't notice the windmills as I scrolled through the first time. Glad I read your intro before scrolling a second time. this is a truly encompassing and historic look at Bruhl. SO glad to see the detailed mural this time.

    Now I'm off to see your April wrap up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. There are so many small details in this huge mural.

      Delete
  2. ...Sami, you found a massive mural. Thanks for sharing it and hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom for joining the party every week :)

      Delete
  3. Very impressive images in a very pleasing composition. Sometimes artists really show a lot of imagination when they paint large outdoor works!
    Thanks for hosting Monday Murals! It’s great to see how street art is developing and changing in so many places.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mae, I love to we can find all sorts of murals.

      Delete
  4. That's a gorgeous one. I can see why it took so long -- the detail is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, yes lots of small details.

      Delete
  5. I really like the almost naive drawing of this fresco. It almost reminds me of Douanier Rousseau (kwarkito)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both so pretty, someone did well to create that much detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the artist was good, thanks Amy

      Delete
  7. Thank you friend for letting me share this mural that I miss very much here in waikiki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful forest mural art

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful mural and it looks like it's huge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this mural very much, very pleasing to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so very beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um quadro pintado na parede.
    Boa semana

    ReplyDelete
  13. 400 hours is impressive, as the outcome - very detailed. I really hope a symbol of Kiev will be added...

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely! Incidentally I found one mural of Heidelberg in Heidelberg. Sharing that
    https://flightsofthesoul.wordpress.com/2023/05/15/heidelberg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a very similar style of the Bruhl mural, how interesting :)

      Delete
  15. I loved this mural of the trees with the town showing through them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are so many details to look at in this one, Sami.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful mural with a folk art vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly Amazing mural works. Great clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That’s neat! I like how it wraps around.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.