COLOURFULWORLD

Saturday 14 September 2019

Kings Park Spring Festival 2019

Following my previous "Signs" post, here are a few more photos taken on Sunday 8th of September at Kings Park  Wildflower festival.

Many people picnicked around the park, but the most coveted area would have been this chill out area under the colourful umbrellas. What do you think?


This crocheted canopy was put together using crocheted hoops contributed by volunteers.
Another beautiful idea for Spring.





















All over the park there were placards of the crocheted hoops.
This young boy sported a watermelon hat, which I found very funny. Just the thing for Spring!


The bees were out in force feasting on the pollen of the wildflowers.

The floral clock always gets a Spring makeover with lots of wildflowers.



































And I end this post with some of the magnificent vistas of the city from Kings Park.
Hope you enjoyed a taste of Spring and have a lovely weekend.
Top-the city from Kings Park. Bottom - the suburb of South Perth and the Narrows bridge that links the city to South Perth





28 comments:

  1. Hello, your world is colorful. Love the beautiful flowers and the view of the Kings Park. Have a happy day and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, this time of the year the wildflowers are on show all over the State and it's magical. Have a lovely weekend too.

      Delete
  2. ...I love the watermelon head guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is such a magical time. It's my favorite season. The world comes alive in spring.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend and enjoy spring. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring certainly is magical Sandee, my favourite time of the year. Have a lovely weekend too :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like exactly the kind of area I would like to visit - umbrellas or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would enjoy Kings Park David. This time I didn't see some of the birds I usually see there, hopefully when I next visit I will post some birds for you :)

      Delete
  5. A great collection of colourful photos. Very funny watermelon hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, I had a good giggle when I saw the hat. Have a lovely weekend

      Delete
  6. Hi, I follow you on gfc #143, follow back? ;)

    https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a colorful post. Yes, I would have enjoyed sitting under those umbrellas and taking in the sights and sounds. Those crocheted pieces that turned into a canopy were lovely. What a great sight they must have caused.

    I am so impressed by that beautiful clock and the gorgeous wildflowers that are blooming in all their glory, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The canopy was fantastic Elizabeth, and pretty too. The clock surrounded by wildflowers is beautiful :) Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  8. It looks wonderful those flower arts. The watermelon is very funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. The watermelon hat was a funny find :)

      Delete
  9. Such Amazing Color Along With A Festive Atmosphere - Very Cool

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos show the most glorious event! Every photo really helps tell the story of a beautiful day in a fabulous venue. I love all the signs and the blooms and the watermelon hat is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie, Kings Park is a fabulous venue indeed.

      Delete
  11. Oh, I love it all! The hat really is too funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris, I laughed so much when I saw the hat, glad the kid didn't notice :)

      Delete
  12. What a colourful post this is :)
    I do like all the beautiful flowers and the view of the Kings Park too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, the views from Kings Park are really fabulous :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.