COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 31 December 2012

2012 My year in Pictures


This is a picture round-up of some interesting highlights of my year, month by month.

January
A visit to an Open Garden  in Mosman Park, with an eclectic display of tiles and pottery
An interesting tram tour of Fremantle, and a visit to the Fremantle Prison with ex-work colleagues
February
Queen Mary 2 visits Perth waters for the first time - here she departs to Adelaide from Fremantle port (I saw here again in Adelaide the following week...)
I visited Adelaide in South Australia - Glenelg Marina
March
Sculpture by the Sea exhibition - in the beach at Cottesloe
April

Cute Little Penguins at Penguin Island, across the sea from Rockingham (south of Perth city)
May
A night of "Fado" at the Portuguese Club (traditional music)

June
Visiting my daughter in France - here in the village of Roussillon

Martigues - the village where my daughter lives. We visited many interesting villages in the Provence area.

From France to Portugal - here I am in Braga - in the north, visiting a long time friend. I also met up with my Wedding Godparents who I hadn´t seen for over 15 years.
Another flight from Portugal, brings me to the evergreen islands of the Azores, to visit my husband´s family -  the "Seven Cities lagoon" in São Miguel.

Back in Portugal - a visit to the southern beaches of Algarve - for a long awaited  family reunion with  my parents, sisters, nieces, nephews and daughter. We are spread all over the world - Portugal, South Africa, France, Holland and Australia.
Unfortunately missing from our reunion were my husband and son and my youngest sister´s husband who could not travel at the time.
Still in the Algarve I visited the magnificent 10th International Sand Sculptures Festival (Fiesa), whose theme was "Idols"
I also met up with fellow blogger Carole from "Piglet in Portugal"
July
From Algarve to Lisbon - a bus tour took us to beautiful monuments -  Commerce Square built after the 1755 earthquake

Strolling around Parque das Nações - The Expo 98 "Park of  the Nations" in Lisbon




                             My youngest sister, nephews and daughter at west portal of the Church of Santa Maria at Mosteiro dos 
                          Jerónimos (Hieronymites Monastery), Belém, Lisbon

A much too short visit to Sintra revealed some wonderful sights - the Moorish Castle at the top of the hill


August

Back in Australia - took friends who recently arrived in Perth to the Araluen Botanic Park, in the hills - the tulips were in bloom

Also took them the visit the native wildlife at the Cohunu Koala Park, and they were thrilled with the cute Koalas.

And we also visited the Mandurah canals.
September

September´s most important event - my son´s Graduation ceremony of course!

Travelled to Adelaide again - Rundle Mall, the main shopping arcade

Having fun at the 40th "City to Bay" marathon - after the arrival of the runners and walkers in Glenelg.
October

A visit to the Adelaide Zoo to see the Pandas was the highlight of another visit to Adelaide.
November
More gardening to prepare the garden for summer and the Christmas Eve get-together at our place
Our 32nd wedding anniversary on the 30th November was spent in Victor Harbour, south of Adelaide.
 (my husband still had the moustache and beard for the "Movember" fundraising event...I didn´t like it as it made him look older)
Visiting Granite Island, across from Victor Harbour, in South Australia
December
Our Christmas tree

One of the beautifully decorated houses at Christmas time
I have to be thankful for a great year, I made new friends, real and virtual, had great dinner parties with some lovely friends, travelled overseas where I met up with my daughter and also with my youngest sister and nephews whom I hadn´t seen in 5 years, travelled in Australia, mainly to Adelaide where hubby is working...
May the New Year bring you all health and happiness and peace in our world.
Thanks to all my readers and followers for being part of my year.

6 comments:

  1. Magnificent Photo review. You have a beautiful family. It's like a magical journey looking at your photo. You have shared some amazing places and things.
    I look forward to another year of blogging along with you.
    I wish you & your family a very Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks E.C.
    It has been an interesting blogging year. Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gostei da variedade das fotos. Lugares lindos!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.