COLOURFULWORLD

Monday, 17 August 2026

Monday Murals - Carregal do Sal I, Portugal

PS:  As this mural goes to air, I'll be in Portugal again, as sadly my Dad had a stroke a few days ago, and now has pneumonia and is hospitalised in Cascais.

Due to his advanced age of 93 prognosis is not the best, so on Friday I decided to go there for a month to give my Mom some support, so it doesn't all fall on my sister and brother in law's shoulders.

I had pre-scheduled a few Mural posts already, and I'll try and visit your murals as I can.

                                                           * * * * * * * * *

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week.  Thanks Sami

I was surprised to find a couple of murals had been painted in our former home town of Carregal do Sal in the centre of Portugal.

These were painted in 2022 in a toilet block and another building, just behind the former local primary school in the Park "Alzira Claudio", by local young artist Joao Figueiredo (aka Pompeu).

I learned much later that he has painted a lot more murals in the surrounding municipalities. 









32 comments:

  1. I like these colourful murals, I think you're doing the right thing by going to your family at this time, thinking of you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Sami, that's such frightening news about your father! I really hope he recovers.
    I like the fruity and floral murals by Joao Figueiredo (aka Pompeu) – a very special style that I find decorative and fresh!
    Sending you a big hug – all the best to you and your family!
    🤗 Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/sommerliche-tage-2026-ein-bunter.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traude, it's a difficult situation...will see what happens.

      Delete
  3. That´s no good news dear Sami. I hope the best for you and your family. If the greapes that are painted on the walls are used to produce the famous port-vine?
    All the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Violetta. Not grapes for Port Wine, but the grapes in this area are for the Dão wine. There are a few wine producers in the area.

      Delete
  4. ...Sami, care for your parents and be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tom. I think it's our duty, they also cared for us.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry, That is a stress. I'm glad you are able to be there and help your mum. That means a lot to both your parents, your siblings and to you. Hopefully it's ok for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia. Luckily we have a very united family. My younger sister came from South Africa, my niece from the States, and my daughter, who was here on holidays from Qatar, cut short her holidays and is also here.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about your father, Sami. Go well.
    The mural has very nice clean lines. He will go far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Again you’re making me want to visit Portugal.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome mural works. Loved it.
    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sami, I trust that your decision to support your mother and sister—and perhaps even say goodbye to your father—is the right one. Wishing you strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bertie, appreciate your comments. I'm happy that the family can be together at this difficult time.

      Delete
  10. Fingers and toes still crossed. I hope you have a yummy fruit salad like Ingo got me, too. The mural made me hungry and I hope you can eat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear of your father's condition. Glad you will be with your family now at this difficult time. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm also sorry to hear about your Dad, give your Mom lots of hugs and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Sami, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure your mom will be very grateful to have you home and I know he will be too. I hope he has some good therapy and can recover. Pneumonia on top of it is very hard.

    Your murals are lovely. My post today includes a mural so I'm linking it, finally able to join in.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie, I'm glad I came. Things aren't looking too good right now unfortunately. Welcome to the Monday Murals.

      Delete
  14. It is good that you have gone to be with your family, Sami. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. E em homenagem à vitivinicultura da região.
    Boa semana

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m sorry to hear about your dad. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.