COLOURFULWORLD

Monday, 28 September 2026

Monday Murals - At the Riverton Library

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week.  Thanks Sami

Murals inside my local Riverton Library, in the City of Canning, spotted when Jose and I attended a workshop in March.

Couldn't find the name of the artist, but it includes local birds.




Outside, near the pool at the Leisureplex I found another mural, painted in 2024 by Stormie Mills, titled "The eyes behind the thick black rimmed glasses".
It portrays Dr Michael Lekias (1931-2022), a popular Greek Australian General Practitioner (family Doctor), who served his community for over 40 years. He was also the City of Canning's longest serving Mayor, from 1992 to 2008. He was instrumental in the funding and design of the Riverton Leisureplex and cut the ribbon when it was inaugurated in September 2001.



30 comments:

  1. Ma foi c'est une bien belle volière que voilà

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Sami, you found two wonderful murals. Thanks for hosting and I wish you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy our time with the art you share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cloudia. So many beautiful things around us.

      Delete
  4. Two good murals.
    I especially enjoyed seeing the birds.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first, good fun murals. The latter, serious, sombre and respectful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, very different murals in the same space.

      Delete
  6. I love they honoured him. How touching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good that deserving people get honoured.

      Delete
  7. A wild one at the library! Hm. Made me think? Libraries are usually "pssst, quiet, st down...." - this is refreshing and maybe how it should be.
    And wow, quite an hommage. Hope he saw it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wouldn't have seen the mural Iris, it was painted 2 years after his death.

      Delete
  8. Awesome mural works. Loved it.

    Thanks a lot for hosting. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The birds mural inside the library has a wonderful flow and vibrancy to it! And the lovely portrait of Dr. Lekias on the wall of the Leisureplex is a fitting tribute to his years of community service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra. Libraries seem to be more vibrant and fun nowadays.

      Delete
  10. Oh this is gorgeous Sami. What a beautiful place to enjoy a workshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local library is quite a nice space and offers a lot of workshops and talks for the community.

      Delete
  11. I love all the birds. Great tribute to a well loved doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also like murals, and you always find great ones, but living in a small town I seldom get to find a new one,.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fine murals! The first one reminds me of illustrations in a child’s book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the style is similar to illustrations in children books. Thanks Linda.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.