I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you. Just follow the Linky steps below. Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere. The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week. Thanks Sami
I'm back home, after an unexpected trip back to Portugal from where Jose and I had returned just 6 weeks before.
My Dad had a stroke, then contracted aspiration pneumonia due to being fed soup, and sadly left this world three days after my arrival in Portugal.
Almost the whole family managed to be present and hold Dad's hand and show their love and care.
As a recent retiree I was lucky to have been able to just take off and spend a month with my Mother to help her sort things. Luckily my middle sister lives just 2 blocks away and Mom will carry on having the support she needs.
I didn't take a laptop, all I had was my mobile/cell phone to look at your Monday Murals every week, and so I didn't visit other blogs as it was all too complicated and time consuming. But I hope to start visiting you all again. Thanks for your understanding.
https://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com/2026/09/a-tribute-to-my-dad-11-march-1933-18.html
And this is the last of the murals from the city of Setubal.
![]() |
| Outside the local market |
Murals in the Setubal Port Buildings
Murals from one of the Shopping centres in Setubal












You always present such wonderful art and such a beautiful curated space for us all.Sami. Thank You Aloha
ReplyDeleteThank you Cloudia.
DeleteI like the simplicity of the red boat.
ReplyDeleteI like that one too Jackie.
Delete...I love the blue and white tiles. Thank for hosting, Sami.
ReplyDeleteThank you Tom.
DeleteWonderful artwork again dear Sami. Much more art than you can find in our region.
ReplyDeleteWarm greetings from Greece
Thanks Violetta. I discovered that Portugal has loads of murals being painted all the time.
DeleteHeartfelt condolences to you and all bereaved. May his soul rest in peace 🙏
ReplyDeleteBeautiful murals!
Thank you for your kind words Magiceye.
DeleteThey´re all great! I love the fox. And the brolly, oh, and the dreamy boat!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you could go and see your Dad to say good bye...
Thanks Iris. I'm glad I went.
DeleteI’ll be back a bit later with a proper comment, dear Sami 🤗.
ReplyDeleteThanks
DeleteHeartfelt condolences...Prayers _ ()_
ReplyDeleteAmazing wall mural works.
Thank you Rupam.
DeleteDear Sami,
ReplyDeletemy heartfelt condolences once again regarding your father—and I am glad you were able to support your mother for a while and that she continues to be well cared for by your sister. Your murals are once again wonderfully varied and exciting—I particularly like the market vendors in front of the *azulejos*, the fox (whose style strikes me as somewhat Native American-inspired), and the black-and-white wall paintings in the Setúbal port buildings. In the post I’ve linked today, you can see a few new murals from Vienna—an artist from Portugal was among the muralists, too!
All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/sommerliche-tage-ein-bunter.html
Thank you for your kind words Traude. I didn't know about that Portuguese artist, but disvered through her website that she has painted a mural not far from Cascais. I must remember to try and find it next time.
DeleteMy condolences on the passing of your father, Sami. From reading the tribute to him in your last post, he sounds like a great person and a wonderful father and grandfather. I'm glad your family was with him at the end. It was sad and tragic circumstances.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Debra for for your kind words.
DeleteI am very sorry about your father, Sami. It must have comforted him to have you with him in his last days, and being there for your mother was a great kindness.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jack, it was good that most of the family managed to go and see Dad before he left us.
DeleteI am so sorry to hear of your loss, Sami. It is good that you were to get back to be with him.
ReplyDeleteThank you Pat, I'm glad I went.
DeleteWhat a remarkable town for public art!
ReplyDeleteSusan
Thank you Susan.
DeleteI’m sorry about your dad. I’m glad you were able to help your mother.
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda.
DeleteThese are spectacular Sami. Loving the pink boat and the fox. So sorry about losing your Dad. x
ReplyDeleteThank you Patricia.
DeleteSo sorry to read of your loss, Sami. It is good that you were able to get back to be with him and then support your mother.
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking time to share these wonderful photographs.
All the best Jan
Thanks for your kind words Jan.
Delete