COLOURFULWORLD

▼

Monday, 5 October 2026

Monday Murals - Parede Gardens tunnel

I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere.  The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week.  

Thanks Sami

A huge and colourful mural that I spotted when Jose and I were returning from a lunch with a former work colleague of his, when we were in Portugal in May/June 2026. 

Jose had to return to the area and stop at a petrol station while I crossed the street to photograph the mural :)

This was part of a multi-phase revitalization of the access to the tunnel leading to "Jardins da Parede" (Parede Gardens) -  a modern residential development in the Carcavelos-Parede Parish.

Painted in October & November 2025, by "YouthOne" - aka Adalberto da Costa Brito, a pioneering mural artist born in Angola in 1974, active since 1988, recognized as the oldest active street artist in Portugal.















30 comments:

  1. Sami, you found the Mother Lode, what colorful mural and so many of them, Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very, very, very long mural. Thanks Tom

      Delete
  2. They are all so beautiful. I love the vivid colors too. Amazing talent.

    I linked this post to my Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Sami. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turning nothing into something - grey concrete so urban now so cheery. How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent art, as you would expect from such an experienced artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, he has a long career behind him :)

      Delete
  5. To be in such a wonder- and peaceful garden, Sami! Great mural. A nice way to start a new week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I love it and I missed it while in Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the murals in the suburbs are easily missed. Thanks

      Delete
  7. Truly amazing murals, Just awesome. Great photos.
    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful, colourful mural! It sure brightens up that underpass and retaining walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, a great asset to the area. Thanks Debra

      Delete
  9. What an amazing mural. There are so many components to it. I love the little girl and her dog and that one card player does not look happy. And, the guy sitting on the bench is a nice touch. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Lots of different fun characters in this mural.

      Delete
  10. Wow ! ~ so many beautiful murals ~ great photos ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are some really fun ones, Sami!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful murals! Even the columns are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I had commented.... Obviously not.
    These murals are rally bright and colourful. It must be a lovely green neighbourhood. I like it when they beautify otherwise boring concrete parts in the area..
    The artist is 52! Same age as my eldest son. Still in his prime for sure.
    I spotted a ginger cat somewhere, looking exactly like my cat Ronnie.
    I love the men playing cards.
    Thank you for sharing these great murals.
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisca, it'sa lovely modern and green neighbourhood. I had a ginger cat too sadly he died a few years ago.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.