I love murals and street art. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme is for you. Just follow the Linky steps below. Once you start looking you will find murals everywhere. The "Monday Mural" meme goes live on Monday at 12,01AM, Perth,Western Australian time. Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward to your mural finds this week. Thanks Sami
On our way to get the ferry to cross the Tejo river from Lisbon to Almada to visit friends I spotted these two murals across the Cais do Sodré ferry terminal.
On a walk by the seaside with our friends in Costa da Caparica, I saw a long wall of murals which was created during MOGA festival in May 2024, painted by Moroccan artist "Dais", aka Said Sabbah, and the Portuguese collective Malibu Ninjas, celebrating the fusion of cultures and the beauty of shared creativity.
A plaque at the end explained the mural: "It tells the story of 3 sisters who experienced the early rave scene and now in their older years live in a holiday home on the coast. The beach and tranquility bring them serenity as they watch the winds of Caparica carry new fragrances and inspirations".
The MOGA Festival in Costa da Caparica, Portugal, is an immersive electronic music and cultural event that features live street art and murals alongside its music and wellness programming. The festival celebrates the historic ties between Portugal and Morocco through Atlantic vibes, surfing, and art.














wow I can definitely tell they are beachside murals, fascinating story behind them too, have a great week.
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy.
DeleteThank you friend. I think I would like Portugal. Aloha to you
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you would. Thanks Cloudia.
Delete...Sami, you sure found some looooooooong murals! Thanks for sharing them and hosting this week. I wish you a special week.
ReplyDeleteThanks Tom, yes really long murals!
DeleteAmazing series of murals, great works
ReplyDeleteLoved the post. Have a great week ahead.
Thanks Rupam.
DeleteI love the old ladies in the murals. All are nice.
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrew, have a good week.
DeleteCom vista para a água.
ReplyDeleteBoa semana
Boa semana Pedro.
DeleteFirst of all, that's a cool line of murals.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely story! And what a lovely idea -- to turn a lifetime of experiences into murals.
We should see more of these. :)
Thank you for hosting, Sami.
Happy August. :)
Thanks Dee, have a great month too.
DeleteBeautiful atmospheric murals.
ReplyDeleteThanks Magiceye.
DeleteI do love seeing murals. You see more and more of them these days. I didn't have a current post to share, so am sharing a post from last year.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jill, your mural was great. Australia seems to have plenty of murals.
DeleteWonderful streetart!
ReplyDeleteThanks 😊
DeleteCool and beautiful murals and I like the Sister´s idea very much (I think! My Brother is a pain atm...)
ReplyDeleteThanks Iris. 😀
DeleteVery nice captures of the portugese streetart artists. Seems that they are more artistic than here.
ReplyDeleteHave a good time and all the best
Violetta
Thanks Violetta. There are many murals and many mural artists in Portugal.
DeleteThat's a fun mural! I love the black-and-white portraits of the three rockin' old sisters, with the little touches of colour for their sunglasses and dress straps!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debra. The sisters mural is cute.
DeleteI really like the images of the "older" raver sisters!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jackie, they are cute.
DeleteThey sure love murals there, don't they?
ReplyDeleteYes, they do Jack. This time I didn't get to go to Lisbon and see the many new murals recently painted.
DeleteSammi, you founds a large number of murals here. They are fun to see, thanks for this post, and allowing us to share our local murals.
ReplyDeleteThanks Taken for Granted.
DeleteGood ones, Sami. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteThank you Pat.
DeleteSuch wonderful, vibrant murals. I need to go back and see more of Portugal.
ReplyDeleteSusan
Thank you Susan.
DeleteThe long wall of murals is incredible.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda, it's really huge!
DeleteWhat a brilliant bit of history (and had no idea re Curious George). Isn't it terrible that you get punished for doing the right thing. I guess that's the wrong side of history we hear about a lot at the moment. That's so sad.
ReplyDelete