COLOURFULWORLD

Sunday 18 February 2018

Dark clouds over Perth

On Friday, my day off work, I was invited to lunch and a dip in the pool at Grace's house and we had a lovely couple of hours.
After leaving her house I went home to change and then onto the airport to pick up my husband arriving from Sydney. From there it was straight to another friend's house for what was a delicious dinner.

The usual blue skies had darkened although you could still see the sun, but on the way to our friend who lives in the suburb of South Perth I spotted a huge rainbow and as I was driving I had to ask my husband to take a photo for me.




Driving along Mill Point Road close to my friend's house I spotted the city on the other side of the Swan River and the dark sky was casting this shiny glow on the buildings  so I had to first drive a couple of streets down to the foreshore to take a couple of pictures.
The photos don't really do it justice, but believe me the city looked amazing!

Hope you're having a great weekend.

24 comments:

  1. How lovely! My friend Grace has made me love your city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace posts great pictures of Perth and it is a beautiful city. Thanks Cloudia.

      Delete
  2. ...a rainbow, your lucky day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sami! What a sky! The rainbow is exquisite and I love the lighting of the skyscape with the darkening skies. Beautiful all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Obrigada Francisco. O céu ficou escuro, mas não choveu e bem precisamos de chuva. Bom fim de semana.

      Delete
  5. Awwww, great pics and lovely you two spent time together, too - well, and that you have your hubby over, certainly!
    Rainbows always make one happy, right?
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an enjoyable day Iris. Great to have hubby home for a few days too. Enjoy your weekend Iris.

      Delete
  6. Que GRANDE é este arco-íris !!!
    Parabéns pela tua iniciativa e ao teu marido por te corresponder na perfeição.

    Um beijo amigo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sim era enorme o arco íris. Ele sabe como eu ando sempre com a máquina fotográfica para todo o lado :)

      Delete
  7. Those dark skies make a wonderful backdrop for the city skyline!
    Great photos Sami!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite true Christine, I have loads of photos with the sun reflecting on the buildings but never one where the dark skies cast that glow on them.

      Delete
  8. The city buildings look great. Did your husband grumble about the diversion to take photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really Andrew, it was just 2 or 3 blocks away from where we were going. He just complains that I take photos of everything...

      Delete
  9. It's nice to see the city in pretty colours Sami, quite often it looks mostly grey ☺ have a super weekend with Jose home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, the city looked quite different with the dark clouds.

      Delete
  10. That was a fabulous rainbow and great shots, too.

    The skyline with the darkening clouds was so very atmospheric and modern looking. It also looked like a fresh city to live in, too. You are very lucky. I hope you get to stay there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Hope so too, it's a fabulous city.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.