COLOURFULWORLD

Sunday 18 June 2017

6th Blogging Anniversary

Can't believe it's been that long...
On the 18th June 2011 my first post went live, and I was so excited when I noticed my first reader coming through from Germany.
Well from that first reader I've now had 1,336,690 views, 102 followers, visitors from 158 countries and this is my 498th post!

Looking back, my first post was mainly about my craft interests, and you can read it by following this link. 

Some of my art and crafts






































Unfortunately and sadly for me as I enjoyed it, the lack of a craft group that kept me focused, my job, writing, house renovations, etc, means I haven't done much painting or crafts.
I have instead done a few makeovers to clothes and furniture, and that fuels my artist vein.

Bloggers: One of the bloggers that first commented on my blog was dear Mariette from "Back to Basics" and you will be pleased to know she still comments on my blog and I on hers.

Another of my first followers who helped divulge my blog was Carole from "Piglet in Portugal". Carole and I met up in 2012 in the Algarve on one of my visits to Portugal.
She wrote about our meeting here and I wrote about the Algarve and our meeting here.

I've met a few other bloggers, such as Grace from Perth Daily , Wendy from Wendy Barret's Paintings and Writings, and Iris, who lives in Braunschweig, the German town where we lived for 6 years and where my kids were born, and she blogs at Double-half or One Ten without Ham.

My world has become a lot richer through friendships across the world, getting to know how other people live, their likes and dislikes, and virtually travelling to other countries through the various blogs I visit.

Most popular posts: In 2012 I participated in a A-Z meme with posts about Australia, and two of my most read posts were: 
A-Z of Australia - Q is for Queens Garden  with over 202,286  hits, and the second one was  A-Z of Australia - I is for Islands (part III) with 178,600 hits.

The United States readers are ahead in the readership with over 671 thousand of you making up 32% of my readers, France is second with just over 200 thousand readers and Australia comes third with close to 51 thousand readers making up 28,2% of my total readers, followed closely by Germany with 48 thousand readers. (A while back all my Australian readers stats disappeared, and then a few days later, they started from 0 again, no wonder they come 2nd).

I've mainly blogged about my travels in Australia and overseas, decor and renovations, and on Mondays I now team up with Oakland Daily Blog and other worldwide bloggers to post a photo of a mural. These are quite popular posts and my mural posts now stand at 109!
And of course I often post about Perth my adopted  hometown where I love to live.

Perth
Travel: Lisbon, Portugal and Amsterdam, Holland
Murals in Perth and Portugal

I hope to be here in another 6 years and to be able to still enjoy blogging about what I blog about and to still have all of you dear readers interested in reading my posts.
Cheers!


40 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sami - You have an impressive number of readers out there, including myself who enjoy your posts and also your generosity in reciprocating our visits. I very much hope that in 6 years time you can add me to the list of bloggers you have meet.
    Here's to your next 6 years!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wren. Who knows, you might visit Perth or I might visit Thailand sometime in the next couple of years.

      Delete
  2. Muitos parabéns minha amiga e que venham mais outros 6 anos de blogue.
    Gostei das fotografias.
    Um abraço e bom Domingo.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    Livros-Autografados

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I immediately recognised the arch to Rua de Augusta. Such sad news today from Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew. That's right, it's the famous Arch. Very sad about the tragic loss of lives in the fires in Portugal.

      Delete
  4. Many congratulations Sami, and well done to.
    I've only known you a short while, but always enjoy my visits to your blog.

    My good wishes and here's to your next six years.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan, and of course I also enjoy the recipes and advice you post.

      Delete
  5. I been blogging a long time and I enjoy it and plan for many more years of it...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dora, as long as we are enjoying it, I think we need to carry on blogging, it's a good way to spend some time.

      Delete
  6. Parabéns.
    Faço votos para que continue a fazer-nos companhia por muitos anos.
    Boa semana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada Pedro por tambem ser o meu mais recente seguidor.

      Delete
  7. Oh, wow, happy anniversary, Sami! I feel honoured to be mentioned, too. Some statistics you sure can be proud of! And make it more than only another six years, ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris, well we've met a few times (3 I think). Hopefully as long as I have the time and enjoy it I will carry on.

      Delete
    2. Right, at least, the first time was 2013.

      Delete
  8. I am also a relatively recent visitor to your blog, but I always enjoy the posts with murals and the ones around Perth. I also love it when you show your adorable cats and of course, black swans.

    Congratulations on six years blogging. Here's to many, many more, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth for returning time and time again. I'll do my best to keep you happy :)

      Delete
  9. Happy 6th bloganiversary! If it is still fun, keep on going. We will keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Concrats with the anniversary. I must confess, I never look at the statistics on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. You might be surprised with your statistics then.

      Delete
  11. Happy 6th Anniversary, Sami !
    Great post !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eu venho de ;nge de onde o sol nasce até ti.
    Desejo felicidades. Muitos parabéns pelo BLogue que só há pouco tempo descobri. É que nunca mais sai daqui.
    Mais seis e depois mais seis e sempre d seis em seis...
    Kis :=}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada Gi, que bom ter uma leitora tao engracada. Beijinhos

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on your blog anniversary, I hope you continue to enjoy it .
    All the best, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gordon, and thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on six super years of blogging Sami and it's been such a pleasure getting to know you too. I know you've already told me but when are you going away?
    Btw how are the dining room chairs coming on ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the friendship Grace. Going end of August. Dining chairs are painted, already bought fabric for new seat covers but still have to do that.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on your Blogging anniversary. I hope that you get to see many more. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and good wishes Munir.

      Delete
  16. Querida Sami,
    Mil desculpas pelo atraso. Tenho andado afastada da blogosfera ultimamente.
    Muitos parabéns pelo aniversário deste seu mundo colorido. Gosto muito de conhecer a Austrália através das suas partilhas e aprecio sobremaneira os seus trabalhos criativos. Venham muitos mais anos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigada Sandra. Espero que tudo bem por aí. Beijinhos

      Delete
  17. Dearest Sami,
    Congratulations on your 6th year of blogging and thanks for the shout out!
    Well, remaining loyal to an interesting and captivating writer is not difficult I must admit.
    We also have many areas where we kind of overlap. Having been to your birth country, as well as to the newly adopted country is a great connection. Also the connection with my birth country we share in a meaningful way.
    And no one other than an immigrant understands what such family visits and sight seeing trips mean. They make for lovely memories and I wish, only wish we had had Blogger back than... But we kept a diary for years and got lots of photos and slides.
    As the saying goes, memories are a great cushion for old age so we all are working on that.
    If a blog is only about one single subject it soon becomes boring to the majority of readers and you did well by broadening your writer-horizon and you have so much to share.
    God willing we will be there for the next six years!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mariette, so grateful for your loyal following. Yes, I too wish we had blogger and other social media many years ago, it would have made being an immigrant so much easier, to keep up with family and friends. Have a great weekend. xxx

      Delete

  18. a belated congratualtions, Sami. I've been back in the UK and only now catching up with all my old blogging buddies. How time flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, hope you had a good time in the UK.

      Delete
  19. Happy blog anniversary, and what great works you have, really nice. Warm greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the tour down memory lane.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Blogersary Sami!!! I can't remember when I found your blog but I'm glad I did! I really enjoy reading your posts and surely hope you will keep doing it for many more years to come. Blogging is such a wonderful thing! That's why no matter how busy I am, I can never shut down my blog... better to publish less than to not do it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.