COLOURFULWORLD

Friday 24 March 2017

Visiting the wildlife park again

My sister in law's only request of her visit to Australia was that she wanted to see kangaroos and koalas!!
Easy wish to fulfill with a visit to Caversham wildlife Park. I had just been there in January when I took the family that visited at Christmas time, but it's always exciting to visit this wonderful park and it's well cared for animals.

Caversham Wildlife Park
Feeding the pelican, sheering sheep, feeding baby sheep, rainbow lorikeet and touching the wombat

top: Koala fun, kangaroos resting in the shade
bottom: At the koala enclosure, bird eating, betong sleeping



Swan Valley

When we left the park I drove to the Swan Valley area nearby.
The Swan Valley is the closest wine region to Perth (just 30min away) and also home to breweries, fine restaurants, gourmet products like chocolates and nougat, sweet and savoury sauces, olive oils and vinegars and organic products.

We first visited "Providore" where we tasted and then bought chutneys, then tasted chocolates and bought ice-cream at the Chocolate factory just across. 
A few kilometres down the road we stopped at the "Cheese Barrel" for some cheese tasting.
Sadly most of the places were closing for the day and we didn't get a chance to go to a winery at all.
But we had a fun day and were ready for our 40 minute drive home.

Chocolate factory, The Providore, The Cheese Barrel, cheese fun board, rows of vines, wines for tasting at the Cheese barrel

Have a wonderful weekend and see you Monday with the Monday Mural.
                                                                          
                                                                                                                         28 Feb 2017

Links to other posts about Caversham wildlife park and the Swan Valley:
https://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/wildlife-park-visit.html
https://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/swan-valley-wine-and-chocolate-tours.html

14 comments:

  1. Holy cow. This trip was so much fun. I always enjoy your trip to the Caversham Wildlife Park, but I don't ever remember seeing that wine and cheese tasting at Swan Valley before. I really laughed at the cheese puns, and enjoyed seeing your sister in law having so much fun. She certainly got her wish of koalas and kangaroos. All your photos are simply incredible, and I always like how you create a montage of photos for us.

    Enjoy your weekend, and maybe find time to rest a bit (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, I'm pleased you loved this post. I have so many photos I have to do a collage, otherwise it would be an overload of photos to tell the story. The cheese puns were funny I had to take a photo of that!

      Delete
  2. Awww, agreed, Sami, that park is beautiful - is the fake Koala "new"? I can´t remember it.
    The Cheese Barrel sure goes on my new Perth-list! Haha, funny cheese-stuff! :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iris, don't know when they got koala statue, it was there in January, but before that it had been quite a few years since I was there and can't remember seeing it either. I love cheese, so it was a good place to go.

      Delete
  3. Caversham is a brilliant place to take visitors, the up close with the koala bears and kangaroos is such a treat for them.. you are a very good host and tour guide Sami ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. My husband says I should make tour guiding my career, lol. It's wonderful to be able to touch some of wild animals.

      Delete
  4. Os koalas são tãoooooooo fofos! Um gigante ainda mais!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have very special animals in Australia, love to see the koalas sitting in the tree at my visit and see kangaroos hopping around our tent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So wonderful that you were able to experience being close to those animals Marianne.

      Delete
  6. I really love the bright rainbow lorikeets! A great visit with so many creatures to see & many would be a first for me!
    I laughed at the cheesy jokes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lorikeets are beautiful, we get them in our garden too when our loquot tree has fruit, the come and eat and make a mess. The cheesy jokes are funny. Thanks Christine.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely day! First enjoying the company of some beautiful animals and then tasting delicious things. Loved the cheese jokes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara, the cheese jokes are quite funny.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.